Anger is a negative emotion, and it’s also very powerful; within a split second anger can make you do something you wouldn’t ordinarily do, and could ruin your relationship in the process.
There are some important times you should control your anger, or your relationship/marriage may suffer from it.
1. When your partner is angry. If the both of you are angry at the same time, there’s bound to be major problems. Things will be said that you can’t take back, and some negative things will definitely happen.
2. When you are outside. It’s very improper and disrespectful to show your anger when you’re out with your partner.
3. When you have a guest. I’ve seen couples quarrel and fight even when they have a guest; this isn’t only improper, it’s also immature and will send the wrong message about you.
4. In front of the kids. Kids learn fast, and showing your anger in front of them is just showing them a bad example.
5. During a good moment. I’ve seen good moments go sour because couples couldn’t control their anger. If you are having a good moment with your partner, don’t let it go sour because of anger.
6. During a discussion. When having a discussion with your partner on an important issue, you shouldn’t let anger get the better of you, else the matter will be unresolved. Learn to talk and then listen too.
Anger is a very terrible trait; it comes with bitterness, violence, rash decisions and regrets. Let it be far from your relationship today.