The single life is fun, but it’s also a period to plan and prepare for the future. You’ll eventually get married someday. As you prepare to get married, you need understanding of certain things to thrive in that journey.
1. Find someone you share similar interests with. It’s fine to be attracted to the body and looks, but that isn’t really consequential in the long run. Find someone who wants the same things you do. Someone that shares your ideas, beliefs, principles, and passion. Life is easier that way.
2. You’ll find the one, but be aware when you do. We all have some special person reserved for us by God, and I like to believe they’ll locate us no matter what, but you got to know when it happens. I can’t think of a better way to describe a soul mate than peace. Being with them is soothing. You feel at home. Never let go when you feel that way with any woman. PEACE is always a positive sign.
3. No one is perfect. To be with someone is willingness to understand and work with that. Don’t play yourself. Marriage is about accepting your vulnerability.
4. Don’t chase women, Chase passion. If I know one thing, it’s that it’s always difficult to find love when you keep running after it. All that time, you could invest in your life. Think about your career, your passion. Passion attracts the right woman.
5. Being married to someone means you’re one with them. When arguments and disagreements try to come in between you, don’t allow it. Know that you should be fighting the challenge, not yourselves. You can’t find a solution disagreeing with each other, disagree with the problem.
6. Be open. The biggest mistake people make in a relationship is fronting something or someone they’re not. This could work short-term, but never long-term. Be real about yourself, your flaws and your identity. Someone right for you will understand and accept you and your flaws.
7. Take your time. I don’t believe people lose their soul mates. If she isn’t there when you’re ready, then maybe she was never yours. If she’s meant for you, she’ll be around somehow when you’re truly ready to settle.
8. Don’t overlook the niggles. Issues will crop up in your relationship. Talk about them, and don’t hope they’ll just change in their own time. The more you ignore them, the worse they get. Ignored issues never leave. Don’t go into a marriage in the hope they’ll change eventually. If you can’t handle them, pull away before it’s too late.
Good Luck with your relationship and marriage as you take that step today or tomorrow.