Forget all the expensive gifts, diamonds and flowers; they won’t make your relationship work if the secrets below aren’t found in your relationship.
Here are 18 secrets to having a happy relationship
1. Always say thank you to your partner even if it’s in response to something that’s his or her job.
2. Ask your partner about his or her day. Your thoughtfulness will make your partner feel loved and cared for.
3. Learn how to let things go and overlook small annoyances. You don’t have to complain about everything.
4. Cuddle before going to bed and start your morning with a cuddle. Physically connecting with your partner makes you feel closer.
5. Send daily notes to your partner describing how your partner makes you feel. You don’t have to be a good writer to do this; just be simple and sincere.
6. Your partner should always come first. Make your partner your priority.
7. Don’t make promises you can’t keep because breaking a promise can ruin the trust in a relationship.
8. Discover a shared passion and participate in it together.
9. Give credit where it’s due. If you love something about your partner, voice your admiration and let your partner know.
10. Plan romantic getaways every now and then. Spend a weekend out of town together from time to time.
11. Help your partner with chores.
12. Treat your partner with respect and admiration in public. Never make fun of your partner in public.
13. Apologise when you are wrong.
14. When having a disagreement with your partner, avoid using phrases that can make it worse.
15. Learn how to ask nicely. Make sure you ask rather than demand.
16. Give each other space to do the things you enjoy doing individually. It allows you and your partner grow as individuals.
17. Improve something about yourself that annoys your partner.
18. Have regular date nights.