We all have kissed or have been kissed, true story. Some peeps have kissed for years that they now feel they are experts in kissing, lol. There are a lot of things you didn’t know about kissing even though you indulge in it almost every day.
So you have it, 15 things you didn’t know about kissing
1. The lips are 100 times more sensitive than the tips of the fingers. Not even genitals have as much sensitivity as the lips.
No wonder kissing feels so good.
2. The term ‘’French kiss’’ came into the English language around 1923 as a slur on the French culture which was thought to be overly concerned with sex. In France, it’s called a tongue kiss or soul kiss because if done right, it feels as if two souls are merging. In fact, several ancient cultures thought that mouth-to-mouth kissing mingled two lovers’ souls.
No wonder we all close our eyes when kissing, the souls could be connecting, lol.
3. The Romans created three categories of kissing: (1) Osculum, a kiss on the cheek, (2) Basium, a kiss on the lips and (3) Savolium, a deep kiss.
So which do you prefer?
4. Mechanically speaking, kissing is almost identical to suckling. Some scholars speculate that the way a person kisses may reflect whether he or she was breastfed or bottle fed.
Lol, so how do you kiss?
5. Kissing is good for the teeth. The anticipation of a kiss increases the flow of saliva to the mouth, giving the teeth a plaque-dispersing bath.
So have you kissed today for the sake of your teeth?
6. A medieval manuscript warns Japanese men against deep kissing during the female orgasm because a woman might accidently bite off part of her lover’s tongue.
Wise words, lol. So ladies explain why that might be possible?
7. According to one study, many men are more particular about which women they kissed than who they went to bed with, suggesting that kissing is somehow more about love than coitus is.
So ladies beware of the man that won’t kiss you before making love
8. Kissing at the conclusion of a wedding ceremony can be traced to ancient Roman tradition where a kiss was used to sign a contract.
So know you signed a contract on your wedding the moment you kissed, lol.
9. Although many men and women consider it childish, more than 95% of them occasionally like to rub noses while kissing. Often called an ‘’Eskimo kiss’’ in Western culture, this form of kissing is based loosely on a traditional Inuit greeting called ‘’kunik’’.
Have you rubbed noses while kissing?
10. The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria.
11. Diseases which can be transmitted through kissing include mononucleosis (kissing disease’) and herpes. Contraction of HIV through kissing is highly unlikely.
So mind who you kiss.
12. The science of kissing is called philematology
13. The insulting slang ‘’kiss my ass’’ dates back at least to 1705.
Wow, nothing is new under the sun
14. It is possible for a woman to reach orgasm through kissing.
15. Cunnilingus is a type of sexual kissing whereby a person stimulates the external female genital organs with the mouth or tongue. The word ‘’cunnilingus’’ derives from the Latin cunnus (vulva, vagina) and lingua (tongue) or lingere (to lick up).
So now you know a lot about kissing. happy kissing. lol