The legendary Muhammad Ali wasn’t just one of the greatest boxers on earth, but one of the greatest sportsman the world has ever seen.
He was confirmed dead on Friday night, June 3 2016, and tributes poured in from people all over the world.
There are valuable lessons one can learn from Muhammad Ali, and he wasn’t just a fighter in the ring, but a fighter in life; he was a man full of confidence and one who fought for what he believed in.
See some of his greatest inspirational quotes:
1. “Don’t count the days; make the days count.”
2. “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.”
3. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
4. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
5. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
6. “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’”
7. “A man who has no imagination has no wings.”
8. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
9. “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.”
10. “To be a great champion, you must believe you are the best. If you are not, pretend you are.”
11. “Champions aren’t made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them — a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”
12. “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be who you want me to be. I’m free to be who I want.”
R.I.P Muhammad Ali.
Be the best you can be today.