A lot of people have lost their dreams and the motivation to pursue their dreams simply because they have told everyone who cared to listen about their dreams.
Dream killers are real and they could come in the form of your family, friends, colleagues, neighbours and the people you associate with. Telling these people about your dreams might just end up ruining it.
These are ten quotes that suggest why you shouldn’t just share your dreams with everyone.
1. Don’t tell people your dreams, show them.
2. Not everyone will understand your journey. That’s okay! You’re here to live your life, not to make everyone understand.
3. Don’t expect everyone to understand your journey. Especially if they have never had to walk your path.
4. Don’t let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big.
5. Go after your dreams, no matter how unattainable others think it is.
6. You only have so much emotional energy each day. Don’t fight battles that don’t matter.
7. Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and thinkers, but most of all surround yourself with those who see greatness within you even when you don’t see it yourself.
8. Don’t allow society to transform you into someone you’re not. If you are not following your dream, stop.
9. If you want to make everyone happy, don’t be a leader, sell ice cream.
10. Don’t waste your time trying to convince people to understand you. Your time is too valuable to try to prove yourself to people.
Your dreams should only be shared with people who believe in those dreams as much as you do.