The toilet can be a source of disease if it isn’t well taken care of. Here are etiquette rules you must follow when you using a toilet
1. Always flush after using the toilet. You shouldn’t leave your mess for someone else.
2. Wash your hands every time you visit the toilet. There is no excuse for not doing this.
3. Always knock before you enter the toilet. Someone might be inside and it’s important you respect the person’s privacy.
4. The toilet isn’t the place to make calls. You sound weird on the phone when you make calls in the toilet.
5. Always lock the toilet door when you enter. You may embarrass someone if you don’t lock the door.
6. Avoid bringing in food to the toilet. No matter how neat you think your toilet is, it’s disgusting taking meals into the toilet.
7. Never leave the toilet seat up. Make sure you put down the seat once you are done.
8. Always keep a spare roll of toilet paper in your toilet. Your guests might find it very useful.
9. Flushing sanitary products down the toilet can cause pipe blockages. Used sanitary products should be wrapped with paper and disposed in the right bin.
10. Avoid keeping people waiting for too long when using a public restroom.