Choosing the right makeup when the weather is really hot can be tricky as you get to deal with frizzy hair and running makeup.
Below are 10 beauty tips for hot weather every lady should know
1. Protect your hair colour by vinegar. After a day in the sun, bring back life into your hair by squirting your hair with a mixture of half water and half apple cider vinegar.
2. Apply dry shampoo at night before going to bed if you won’t have the time to wash your hair in the morning.
3. Hot weather isn’t good for your nail polish as it changes the consistency of the polish and form bubbles in it. So ensure you store your nail polish in the fridge.
4. Creamed based foundation, blush and eye shadow should be used in hot weather conditions instead of powder makeup because powder makeup can highlight the creases of your skin and it can also get clumpy when you sweat.
5. The heat and sweat when the weather is hot can make your makeup smudge and run. Go for waterproof makeup instead.
6. The sun leaves your hair dry so ensure you moisturise it using an avocado mask. To create an avocado mask, blend one egg with the flesh of a ripe avocado and a tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture to your hair and rinse off after 20 minutes.
7. Drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen to protect your skin and also put on a hat too.
8. If you hit the beach regularly, bikini line rash could be a problem. Using chamomile teabags can reduce the redness and soothe the soreness of a bikini line rash. All you have to do is place some chamomile teabags that has been kept in a fridge for ten minutes on the affected area.
9. The hot sun can dry out your scalp leaving you with an itchy scalp. Mix two crushed aspirin which has been dissolved in a tablespoon of water with two tablespoon of natural yoghurt. Massage this mixture onto your scalp and wash off after 15 minutes. Condition your hair afterwards.
10. Tame frizz your hair with coconut oil by mixing equal parts of coconut oil and avocado oil together in a plastic spray bottle. Spray your hair with this mixture when it’s dry and frizzy.