Suicide is one of the world’s greatest challenges. According to statistics, about 123 people kill themselves every day. If you do the math, that’s more than 45,000 deaths per annum, and research also says men commit suicide 4 times more than women. This is quite alarming, and thought-provoking, so we have decided to share some reasons we believe would go a long way in stopping the growing concern.
Suicide is a global challenge, not peculiar to race or age. We all have a role to play in stopping it, and it begins by sharing words of encouragement and love to people around us.
If you think you’re going through a tough time, remember there are people who care about you. You’ll do your relationship with them a lot of good by talking to them about it. You cannot take your life because…
1. You have people that love you. Imagine how they’d feel knowing you’re gone? Their spirits would be crushed.
2. It displeases your maker. You don’t need to be a Christian to believe this. I know that most religions believe in a supreme being. Do you think God would be happy you took a life He gave you?
3. Those who benefit from you, might become hopeless for life. I know that it isn’t every suicide story that was triggered by poverty and lack. However, whatever it is, don’t forget there may be people who depend on you for their own living. What happens when you’re gone? It could even be your own dog.
4. There are beautiful moments ahead of you, you just need to pass today’s test.
5. Life is full of ups and downs. Sometimes you cry, other times you laugh. All these challenges are a part of the things that make life beautiful.
6. Life is an adventure where you place your footprints in the sands of time.
7. Remember that pain is but for a moment; you won’t always feel this way.
8. Truth is, everyone is going through one problem or the other. So you are not the only one in this. Take consolation in that. And by now you should know that no condition is permanent.
9. Remember that as a child, you got yourself into trouble and probably thought that would be the end of you, but somehow, you overcame. Everything heals with time. You shall smile again.
10. Even as difficult as math problems seem sometimes, there’s always a solution. There is also a solution to your problems. Discuss your situations with people of wisdom or those you know to be wise and they might help find answers that work.
11. If you kill yourself, you’ll just become another statistic. Choose to live and inspire others with your turn around story.
12. Life is so unpredictable. You might be contemplating suicide, while someone might be thinking of helping you. It may even be your ex thinking of coming back to you. So don’t kill yourself because everything can take shape just within the twinkling of an eye.
13. Sometimes when you are about to give up might be when hope will just come. So pause and look on the brighter side.
14. Don’t forget you can find comfort by reading up stories on those who were (are) faced with terrible situations, yet are still living.