Phones with non-removable batteries are considered a problem by phone lovers across the world because they think it’s complex to manage.
The truth, however, is that it may not be that hard to take care of once you know what to do, and what not to. Phone with non-removable batteries are not like the regular ones, so some extra knowledge is required in handling them.
Here are 4 important things to know if you use (or plan on getting) one.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR DEVICE FREEZES (OR HANGS)
In other phones when this happens you can simply remove your battery, put it back and everything will be alright afterwards. Unfortunately for those of us using phones with non-removable batteries this is like a bad dream.
There are 2 types of freezing, however:
* THE HARD FREEZE – which is when your device freezes for over 10 minutes without responding.
When this happens, simply soft reboot the phone by holding the volume up, volume down and power button at the same time for about 30 seconds. Your device should reboot and unfreeze after.
There’s also the
* SOFT FREEZE – which is often temporary.
When this happens, just drop the phone for some minutes. It should unfreeze after a while. When it unfreezes quickly clear all the apps you’ve been running and reboot the phone.
HOW TO HANDLE OVERHEATING
Since you can’t remove the battery and allow the phone to cool. The best solution is to place your phone on a cool surface (definitely not inside a refrigerator).
After some minutes your phone should be cool as ice.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR PHONE REFUSES TO TURN ON
This can be really scary but it can be handled. Hold the power button for about a minute or two if your phone is still working; it’ll should come on. But it doesn’t, try charging it.
NEVER LET YOUR PHONE FALL INTO WATER
Unlike phones with removable batteries, there’s no guarantee your device will be OK after falling into water unless you use a water resistant smartphone.
Don’t forget that these are only assumptious measures. If your phone’s problem persists even after trying them, it could be an underlying issue. Going to see a certified technician may be your best bet in that case.