Looking good is very important but how many men actually know what it takes to look good?
Here are 18 style rules every man should live by
1. Your belt should match your shoes.
2. If you are wearing a black suit, wear black shoes.
3. If you are wearing gray, blue, tan or a combination thereof, please use brown shoes.
4. Get a haircut regularly. Don’t wait until everyone around you knows you need one.
5. Never go out without a wristwatch.
6. If you want a thinner and smart look, go for vertical-striped shirts.
7. You should have at least one suit in your wardrobe.
8. Your tie should cover your collar button down to your top trouser button. Anything longer or shorter makes you look awkward.
9. Have at least one pair of dress shoes.
10. Wear flip-flops only at home and the beach. Never leave your house with flip-flops.
11. If you want to use a tie, use it properly. Avoid wearing a tie with an untucked shirt or wearing a tucked shirt with a slightly loosened tie.
12. Never match blazers with dress trousers.
13. Do not leave your house with wrinkled clothes.
14. Match your belt to your belt loops. Don’t wear a thin dress belt with trousers that have big belt loops.
15. Always have an elegant pen with you. It helps you look sophisticated and ready.
16. Have lots of white shirts because white shirts make you look like a boss.
17. Wear simple t-shirts without a photo or write-up on it. They make you look simple but sophisticated.
18. Your trousers are too short if you can see your socks as you walk. Your trousers should end just at the top of your shoes. Denims are exempted.