Falling in love is easy but the hard work is staying in love. Just like every other thing in life, creating a better relationship with your spouse is based on a few rules.
Check them out below
1. No relationship is alike. Stop comparing your relationship to that of others or your previous relationships.
2. Your partner needs you. Always ensure you regularly spend quality time with your partner.
3. Always surprise your partner with gifts. Don’t wait for special occasions or moments to get your partner gifts.
4. Respect your partner. Avoid doing things that belittle your partner.
5. Never speak bad of your partner to others no matter how angry you are.
6. Learn to forgive without holding grudges. You can’t claim to love someone if you aren’t willing to forgive them.
7. Always compliment your partner’s efforts no matter how small it may be.
8. Stand by your partner during tough times. Be the shoulder your partner leans on when your partner is going through a difficult time.
9. Never argue in public with your partner. No matter how pissed you are, wait till you get home and respectfully talk about it with your partner.
10. Regular dates with your partner is important.
11. Take care of your appearance. Make an effort to always look good for yourself and your partner.
12. Never take your partner for granted.
13. Always give yourself reasons to love your partner.
14. Always seek to end an argument with your partner as soon as possible. Always end an argument with a hug or a kiss.
15. Communication in a relationship is very important. Always listen to your partner.
16. Always try to see things from your partner’s perspective.
17. Avoid being a clingy partner. Learn to give your partner space.