Do you know that when it comes to making babies, both the quantity and quality of sperm matters?
Keep reading to find out other facts about the sperm you need to know
1. A normal sperm moves in a forward direction and a man is most likely to be fertile if at least half of his sperm moves in a forward direction.
2. If you are trying to get your woman pregnant, try having sex in the morning as researchers have found that men generally have a higher sperm count in the morning.
3. A man’s weight can affect his fertility so it’s important you take keen interest in your weight. Men who are overweight or underweight are more likely to have problems with infertility.
4. It’s important men eat a diet containing folic acid as researchers at the University of California, Berkeley found that men who had lower levels of folic acid in their diets have a higher rate of chromosomal abnormalities in their sperm.
5. Men should avoid eating a diet high in soy foods because it makes men have a lower sperm count. Researchers found have found that men who eat soy foods are more likely to have lower sperm counts than men who don’t eat soy foods.
6. Excessive use of laptops or cellphones can cause sperm damage. Avoid placing laptops on your laps as this can have a negative effect on a man’s sperm due to heat from the laptop which increases scrotal temperature. Keeping a phone in your pocket close to your scrotum can also cause a decrease in sperm quality.