Yeast infections can be a nuisance as it can cause a lot of itching in a lady’s privates. It’s important every lady knows about this infection and protect themselves against it.
Below are 7 facts about yeast infection every lady should know
1. Yeast infection in the ladypart causes itching, burning and discharge.
2. Thrush is a yeast overgrowth that causes cottage cheese-like lesions that can take over your mouth and make it very painful to swallow.
3. The organisms that cause yeast infection can enter your ladypart when you poop as they set shop in the rectum. Maintaining good hygiene is important to decrease transmission.
4. If you have a yeast infection and have unprotected s*x with your boyfriend, he can get infected too. If you notice symptoms like redness, itching, burning and a rash on your boyfriend’s pen*s, he might have a yeast infection.
5. Women with high blood-glucose levels are more likely to develop yeast infection.
6. Women who eat more of carbs are more susceptible to yeast infection than those who eat more proteins and fatty acids according to a study published in the journal PLOS One.
7. Taking yeast infection medicines when you don’t have a yeast infection can make your body become resistant to the treatment.