As we grow older, there are certain lessons life teaches us and we also tend to realise some mistakes we made when we were much younger.
Media personality Liz Awoliyi today shared 20 things she wished she had known when she was 20 and it’s a must read for everyone.
Below are 20 things she wished she knew when she was 20
1. Trust your instincts, honestly it never lies. The truth is in there somewhere deep down, don’t make excuses for situations or the way people treat you. If people show you who they are, believe them.
2. Be Kind. Everybody has battles and demons they are fighting.
3. Worry less about what other people think of you…. People will form an opinion regardless. Just focus on carrying yourself well and being the best you.
4. Be patient with yourself. Don’t be too busy trying to rush life that you end up making crucial mistakes. Slow and steady wins the race. Life is a marathon and not a sprint.
5. Your ego is your worst enemy. Honestly life is so much smoother if you can let go of pride.
6. Choose your words and your battles carefully. Not everything is worth fighting over.
7. Take Risks. Nothing worth having comes easy.
8. No man is an island; don’t feel too big to ask for help and advice. “We”, is better than “Me”. Nobody gets to the top alone.
9. Nobody owes you anything. Nothing is guaranteed to be handed to you. Play hard. Work hard.
10. Don’t take things personal. Other people’s attitude is a reflection of them and not you. If it’s negative don’t let it demoralize you. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Please continue reading in next page